Thank you to Gold Eagle Casino for sponsoring the cost of this website.
Charity Nomination Criteria
Only members of 100 Women Who Care The Battlefords are eligible to nominate a charity/organization.
There is no proxy voting.
In order to be considered to present at a meeting the charity must:
- Have been operating within the Battlefords and surrounding area for a least 12 months.
- Be a registered charitable organization able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
- Charity Listing(please note, if you know of a local charity not listed here, please let us know).
National or international charities, programs or organizations will not be considered at this time as the focus is on contributing to our local community. Organizations with a national link may be nominated, however, provided the request is for a project to be delivered in The Battlefords and surrounding area. The funds must stay in our local community.
Programs within a large organization (e.g., a specific department or program within a hospital), will be considered only if that program is not being funded by the organization or its foundation.
- Charities that are selected for donation may not be considered again for a period of 1 year. The exception is for departments within a large organization. These organizations may be selected again after 6 months, provided that it is for a different department or program within their organization.
- Charities that present at a meeting but are not chosen to receive funds may be nominated again after 6 months.
- The recipient charity must agree to provide tax receipts directly to the donors and to announce the expected mailing date of those receipts to the members on the evening of their selection.
- The recipient charity must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with our members’ contact information, and agree not to solicit our members directly for further contributions.
- A request will be made of the recipient charity to present an update on their use of the donation at one of the next 2 meetings of 100 Women Who Care The Battlefords.
- 100 Women Who Care The Battlefords reserves the right to amend these eligibility criteria when appropriate, without consultation with the nominated charities.